Saturday, November 14, 2009

A New Truck

image
“I told my son I wasn’t gonna get him no new truck for graduation, ‘specially if he didn’t keep his grades up and kept goin’ out with his friends goofin’ off instead of payin’ attention to his schoolwork. But, I’ll be damned, I went out and bought him one anyway. And I was gonna give it to him, too – until he let it slip to me that he was gonna skip the last week of classes and go down to Mexico with his buddies. Well, I told him hell no! The boy needs to learn some responsibility. He gotta learn that you don’t just get somethin’ for nothin’ in this world!

So, that’s why I swapped bodies with him. And that’s why I’m drivin’ this here new truck down to Mexico with his buddies next week, just like they all had planned – only not one of ‘em is gonna know it’s me here inside of Jake’s body. And Jake? Well, he’s gonna spend the whole week at home, goin’ to work every day in my body – and he knows he’d better do pretty damn good job, too, or else he can kiss this truck and his body goodbye!”

No comments :

Post a Comment