"Tony, where are you?" I shouted into the quiet apartment. "I want my fucking deposit back if you're going to throw me out for no reason. You hear me?"
I slammed the door and started to search the rooms, and then I came across the fucker lying on the kitchen floor. "I want my money," I demanded.
He looked at me through lifeless eyes; he rolled onto his back with a dull thud. Then, inch by inch he was being pulled into the next room by his feet. I stood there for a moment as he slowly disappeared through the door, his limp arms dragging behind him.
"What the fuck?" I muttered following Tony into the next room. I stopped as I came face to face with a stranger; he was dressed in black, a hood over his face. Through the eyeholes piercing blue eyes flicked between me and Tony: he dropped Tony's feet and slowly pulled something from his pocket, the steel of a knife glinted in the sun.
Instinctively I crouched into a defensive stance: something I'd learnt in the army. "Come on if you think your man enough to take me on," I growled inching forward. He nervously glanced at the window, and bolted for the opening. I lunged for him, and cursed as I just missed him. From the window I could see him vault the fence; I didn't have a chance of catching him.
I knelt next to Tony; his eyes were still wide open. I checked for a pulse, and then pulled back in shock. His neck just collapsed in on itself. I recomposed myself and checked again resting a hand on his chest; it too collapsed. It was like he'd been emptied completely, an empty shell. Did the intruder do this to him? How?
Picking up what was left of Tony trying to see if there was any sign of damage, perhaps a wound? I held him by the shoulders and the mirror caught my eye. A thought came to mind as I held Tony up in front of me. The little fucker was going to throw me out of the apartment; he wouldn't need it now I snorted to myself.
He was about six years younger than me, but we were the same height although I had a heavier, more muscular build. I pulled at Tony testing the elasticity and smiled to myself.
In Tony's bedroom I got naked, and pulled the clothes from what was left of my arrogant roommate. Figuring the only entry would be through the mouth I pulled on the skin: It was tight and awkward to get inside, instantly I regretted hiding my ink of my regiment’s insignia.
I walked over to the mirror, and Tony stared back at me, his eyes now alive and sparkling. His physique was different: his skin was still perfect, but it was augmented by my muscular stature below its surface. I flexed and twisted looking at my new identity, it was a perfect combination. Pulling on Tony's clothes, they fitted well: previously they always just hung off him. "This might work," I said and then stopped touching my throat--I sounded like him as well.
I had nowhere to go in my old life, but going back to university? I smiled, aced it first time around, second time should be even easier I thought.
In my old room I started packing everything up, I could put it into storage, just in case I wanted to return to my old life--unlikely.
Thursday, August 30, 2018
Last Seandays: Intruder
Labels:
Age Change
,
Bodysuits
,
by Sean Mitchell
,
Clothing
,
College Life
,
Jocks
,
Military
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
Extra portion today :)
ReplyDeleteThat was good for a snack. Well written, too. Now what's for dessert?
ReplyDeleteThanks Bill.
ReplyDeleteHuh. I like the combination thing, but I'm still curious what happened to Tony and of course, how is our new person going to access Tony's life.
ReplyDeleteWell, I guess we'll never know what happened to the real Tony or who the guy was in the mask.
ReplyDeleteAs to how this new guy will access Tony's life, he was a room mate for some period of time. Possibly inside each others pockets, maybe he can wing it?