"Nope. Still don't want to swap back," I said confidently, walking out the door of the apartment that I had recently accquired along with this amazing new body.I have no idea how it happened, honestly. I was just sitting in the park one day, watching this stud jog by, and then bam! I found myself in his body, shirtless and sweaty from the jog, my new young body looking so athletic and pumped-up. Across the park, I saw my old body suddenly jump up from the bench. God, I looked old. And frail. Especially compared to what I had now.
My old body came running towards me, yelling about me stealing his body and sounding absolutely crazy. One thing I know is that I felt a lot sharper in this body, and I knew that if I just played it cool, I could keep this body for as long as I wanted.
"Calm down, old man," I said with my new smooth voice, "I don't have any idea what you're talking about..."
And then I confidently walked away into my new life, finding that I was even starting to steadily accquire bits of this stud's memories and mannerisms the more that I lived as him -- making everything just all the easier.
Still though, he comes up to me in the street, begging me to give him his life back. Sorry, buddy. Not today, and not ever!
No comments :
Post a Comment