Sunday, January 15, 2017

Seanday Burn: Taking Your Medicine, The Prequel pt1

I followed Tony to the locker room, his vest was slick with sweat and clung to his back. I watched his ass pendulum back and forth in his shorts. Damn, had he been working out his glutes?

"Hey wait up!" I looked around to see my kid brother Jay calling. "You guys going already?"

"Jay, it's 2am, me and Tony need something to eat."

"Sweet, I'm starved. Can you sub me?"

"Again? Mom and dad have just left, have you spent your allowance already?"

"Kinda," Jay muttered.

"Jesus, they're away for the week!"

"Come on!" Tony yelled from around the corner. "I need burgers and fries!"


I jogged around the corner, glancing at my reflection in the mirror and ran face first into Tony's meaty chest. "Oof, fuck!" I groaned, bouncing off the man-mountain and falling backwards. He grabbed me, pulled me up, and my face planted itself into his chest. His smell almost knocked me out, two hours in the gyms worth. "Shit, you need a shower!"

He laughed, "Showers, Alex buddy; I don't have time for showers, my babies are crying out for protein!" He pushed me away and flexed, and kissed his biceps.


"Tony, you're such a jerk sometimes," I muttered, I'd known Tony for as long as I could remember. He's not always been a jock, this time last year we were the same size. Now he's into shakes, whey and supplements. I suspected something else as well.


Jay pushed past discarding his clothes, he grabbed a gym towel and headed for the showers. He was a skinny shit, but toned--cocky fucker as well.

Tony was flexing, admiring himself in the mirrors. As I made my way along the terrace of lockers I discovered one ajar. I glanced at the name on the door; The Beast. He was the gym's heavyweight, an Arab. I'd heard he was out of the country, he'd gone back to see his family. After a glance around I opened the door.

"What are you doing?" Tony asked as I peered inside.

"Just having a look, it'll be OK," I groaned. I picked through it's contents; mainly smelly gym kit, I wrinkled my nose--at least a few days old. Towards the back, tucked behind some jogging pants I pulled out a zip-lock bag, filled with red and blue capsules.

"Shit, what are those?" Tony whispered, looking over my shoulder; he sounded excited.

"Creatine? I dunno, you're the whey-head."

"Is there a label or brand?"

I tossed the bag around for a moment searching for any clues. "No, nothing."

From the gym I heard some voices, it was 'The Beast'. I looked at Tony, I could see the fear in his eyes. The heavyweight was not one you'd want to mess with.

Without pausing I threw the bag into the locker and slammed it shut, and dashed to shelter behind an adjoining row of lockers. A few moments later, the Beast entered the room. He was an impressive sight, dominating the room with his presence.


He dropped a rucksack to the floor, and rolled his thick fingers against the combination lock, opening his locker. He retrieved the bag, and pulled out a few capsules. He glanced around, and checked the door before locking it. Tony gripped my arm--that was our only way out.

"Get Jay, and keep him quiet," I whispered, and he disappeared into the showers.

The giant looked around furtively, and took the capsules.

There was a silence, I risked a look. I held my breath and he stumbled backwards falling against the locker. It snapped closed. His eyes went wide, bulging. He began to gasp, his face went red, then phased through to a deep purple. He began to claw at his throat, his muscular arms swelled with blood, veins popping.

The once strong man, crumpled and sagged, sliding to the ground. The gasping changed to a rasping, dry choke--a retch! His eye's flicked in my direction and I ducked behind the dividers again.

Had he seen me? If he couldn't help himself, how was I meant to?

The noises came to an abrupt end, and I peered around the corner. He was slumped, eyes still open, but his already thick bull neck was bloated. Ripples of movement, emanated from his chest, pushing upwards. He gasped, and his mouth gaped open. From inside his mouth, something pushed outwards, a creature?

Whatever it was struggled; forcing the giant's mouth open. Then I saw the nightmare; they were fingers, dark brown--fingers!

I felt a breath on my neck, and jumped. Tony was looking over my shoulder, Jay was at his side.

"What the fuck is going on?" Tony hissed.

"Mate, I don't know, I just don't know!" I glanced at Jay, he was grinning wildly, mesmerised by what was unfolding in front of us.

When I turned back, whatever was inside had it's hands and arms clear of the man. It was now stretching his mouth wide, then I could see the crown of a head. I clapped my hand over my mouth, as I witnessed the oral birth.


The head of a teenager, dark, with hair in cornrows pushed free. He began to escape more quickly once his shoulders and chest were free. All this time, 'The Beast' remained passive and unmoving, although his eyes were open they looked empty and devoid of any life. Within minutes, the invader was free and standing over the giant. A stereotypical thug!

I watched as he crouched next to the man. "Bro', you're a beast, but your family suck. Three weeks in Dubai, its about all I could stand. Still they're good for the money." He opens the rucksack, pulling out a roll of hundred dollar bills. "Still it was worth the pain, $250k will keep me occupied of while."

He pulled and positioned the Beast to look like he's resting. "Don't go anywhere," he chuckles, "I gotta drop off these Big Ones. I'll be back soon." He throws the rucksack over his shoulder and saunters out.

I watched for a moment, not quite believing what I'd seen.

"Is he dead?" Tony whispered. "I mean--"

I didn't say anything, my mind was a fog. Tony yanked me away, breaking my stare. "Dude, we should call the cops. That black kid did something to him--and stole his money!"

"What are we going to tell them Tony? That he climbed out of his mouth, and walked off with his money?" I groaned, "If anything we'd get the blame."

He grasped my shoulders, "We can't just leave him like that, there's got to be--"

I looked at him, but realised something was holding his interest; behind me. It was then I heard it, a gulping, gargling noise; a quiet struggle.

Slowly I turned, afraid of what I might find.

-- End of part 1

No comments :

Post a Comment