It was the last day of the training; Possession 101.
I'd figured it out years ago, but I had no technique. I'd be able to get inside people since I was young, work them like a puppet from the inside. It had been fun being my older brother, but I'd discovered a problem--I'd quickly get pushed out. After practice I managed to stay in three hours, but I wanted to more.
Carl was a good tutor, but I didn't let on that I knew a lot of the things he was teaching me. The last day he was going to get me inside a person for the first time--I went along with it.
When I walked into the room Carl was standing behind a big jock, I glanced at guy sitting and he grinned.
"So this is our last day, you'll be using our volunteer Richard," he says resting his hand on the jocks shoulder.
"Volunteer?"
"Yes, my usual guy dropped out and recommended Vlad."
I watched as he pushed a hand into Vlad's back and took control of his arm, flexing and lifting a weight. He pulled out of Vlad and sat on the bench behind jock. He wrapped his arms around Vlad's torso and pulled him backwards until they were both almost laying on the bench.
"Watch closely," Carl instructed as he pulled Vlad all the way back. I watched as the jock's arms dropped to his sides. His mouth parted and his eyes rolled up, he let out a low gargle and sat up again blinking.
I checked behind Vlad, from the waist up Carl had pushed into the jock. Below the waist, two sets of legs still sat on the bench.
"The principles are the same, you've learnt and practiced the techniques through the week," he told me using Vlad's voice. Vlad groaned as Carl pulled back out. "Vlad can you stand please?"
The jock got to his feet. "Now I want you to try," he told me.
I could do it easily of course, but there was one key thing I needed to know--how to stay in as long as I wanted. I slowly pushed all the way into Vlad, and turned to look at Carl. "I'm in."
He got me to work out, both physically and mentally asking me questions about Vlad's memories replying in Vlad's broken English and fluent Russian. I worked Vlad perfectly. But like always I got pushed out by Vlad's body.
"OK," Carl reassured me. "I looks like you're not completely sync'd with Vlad. Get inside him again will you." I pushed inside Vlad once again, and turned to face Carl. "Right, you're doing great for a learner but we need to get you fixed in there."
"I hope you can help," I replied in Vlad's voice.
"I want you to close your eyes, and imagine yourself inside Vlad's body." I followed his instructions and realised I wasn't alone. "I expect you'll see Vlad's spirit."
I worked Vlad's head making it nod. "Good, this is what's pushing you out. It's reasserting ownership over the body, and pushing you out. What you must do it fool the body into believing you're the true owner of the body."
Again I worked Vlad's body making him shrug. "You need to take their spirit as well, just as you did with their physical body."
It made sense, when I possessed someone I'd been skipping over the spirit part of the person. After a while, I'd get pushed out again because I wasn't the owner of the body. I moved over to Vlad's spirit, it looked like him any asleep. From behind I scooped my left and right hands into his and stepped forward. I felt a tightness surround me, as my body was twisted and stretched to fill his spirit. Something was different, there wasn't the familiar pressure of the body trying to push me out. Still inside Vlad's body I looked down at my arms--they were ghostly, almost see through, but they were obviously Vlad's.
I moved back and took control of Vlad. "Fucking awesome," I cried with Vlad's voice.
"And that concludes your training," Carl smiled.
I had all I needed to know to stay inside anyone I wanted to now. Refreshed I pulled out or Vlad's body.
"Thanks Carl, but I bet you know lots more to know?"
He chuckled. "Plenty, but you can learn about that in the other courses I run."
"Cool, but they are expensive."
"Well, a guys got to make a living."
I thought about the large house and the expensive car outside. "Vlad, grab him." The heavy set jock grabbed Carl wrapping his arms around Carl's. Vlad frowned at Carl as they looked into each others eyes.
"What the hell's going on," Carl growled struggling against Vlad's grip.
I walked up behind Carl. "I spent my last dollar on this course, but I want so much more."
"Look, let me go. I can teach you all you want."
"I want more, more than just your knowledge." I lifted his grey vest, "I want everything," I told him as I traced his back. With a grin I started to push into Carl's body, as passed deeper inside I found his spirit. With a grin I slipped inside the ghostly image, and took control of Carl's body.
I blinked and looked at Vlad, "You can let me go now." He compiled, and I pulled my vest down. "And now the student becomes the master," I chuckled as all Carl's secrets became mine.
"What happened to the other volunteer," I asked Vlad.
"I broke his arm, he'll be fine. Now we work together?"
"Yes," I held onto his shoulders and focused, under my hands Vlad body shifted and changed. He let out a groan, and looked up at me, Vlad was gone. In his place was a perfect copy of my old self. "Can't have my best student disappearing," I chuckled.
Nice twist at the end! Didn't see it coming. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat story Sean! I always love the Seanday shorts! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Collan, always try an keep a surprise up my sleeve :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Johnny, I'm glad you enjoy them :)
ReplyDeleteThe photo does not seem to exist anymore...
ReplyDeleteThat was fantastic! Love the ending!
ReplyDeleteThanks John, glad you liked it. It was fun to write.
ReplyDeleteNice story but I'm afraid I didn't like the twist.. I thought it a bit odd that Vlad became the unseen narrator, when he was a perfectly handsome man as he was. I wonder if a better twist if for the narrator to find out the tutor wasn't the original Carl that he'd used the power to steal a hot body for himself before this. Maybe even Vlad was someone else as well?
ReplyDeleteOf course it's easy to be critical and it's perfectly fine as it is!
Perhaps the untold story here is that Vlad was an illegal immigrant, and his payment for helping the narrator take out the original volunteer was simply to get a valid US identity.
ReplyDeleteHehe I like that now!
ReplyDelete