One morning I awoke to find a blue police box sitting in the middle of my bedroom. Okay, I had to still be dreaming. There is no way someone could have gotten a police box here and why would they anyway? As I pondered on this mystery, the door to the box opened. My eyes went wide in amazement.
“Hello Jack.”
“Who are you?” I asked still trying to get myself fully awake.
“I am the Doctor. Come man. Get in the TARDIS.”
I was a fan of Doctor Who so I knew about the show but that’s all it was… a TV show, right? Yet here was the Doctor, looking like David Tennant, in his TARDIS and asking me to join him.
I wasn’t even dressed so I quickly grabbed a pair of boxers and followed him into the TARDIS. The door shut behind us and I was standing there gaping at the main control room of the machine.
“Stop staring and get a move on Jack. There’s work to be done. Here… put this on.” He said as he handed me a long coat. In my current confused state I had forgotten I didn’t have any clothes on other than my boxers but this coat looked way too big for me. Well, I needed to get something on. I couldn’t go around in just boxers so I slipped it over my arms. Almost immediately the coat started to tighten until it became a second skin on my body, finally disappearing completely until nothing but my naked body was left. Suddenly my skin felt like it was crawling and I was finding it hard to breathe as something was constricting my throat. I was going to die! The Doctor, the hero of many fantasies, was killing me.
I must have blacked out for the next thing I was aware of was a metal table I was lying on in a very sterile looking room. How long had I been out? I sat up and started to visually explore the room. Not much to see here other than a few medical looking instruments and machines. I heard a door open behind me so I turned around to see who was coming. The Doctor came very nonchalantly in as though nothing was out of the ordinary but something was definitely very different.
“How are you feeling Jack?” There he goes calling me Jack again.
“My name isn’t…” I tried clearing my throat. “Jack…?” I didn’t sound like me at all.
The Doctor had a rather bemused look on his face. He knew something I obviously had yet to discover. I looked down at myself. My body wasn’t my body any longer, at least not the one I woke up with earlier. I looked around the room and spotted a mirror hanging on the wall. I quickly rose from the table and hurried over. I could only stand awestruck for what I saw looking back at me was a stranger, a very handsome, very naked stranger.
I stood there admiring the man I had become. Smooth torso, well-built, and nicely hung, my body was incredible! I turned to look at my backside and sure enough I now possessed the perfect complement to all I had seen on the front. Damn I was hot! I was Jack alright… Captain Jack Harkness: bon vivant and lover extraordinaire!
Jack’s knowledge and memories filtered into my brain. His personality was integrated with mine so now not only had I gotten his body I had also inherited his charm and cockiness.
“Done admiring yourself Jack? I need you in the control room.” Huh? Oh, yeah.
“Uh, Doctor, can I get dressed first?” I couldn’t wait to get back to my room and explore further. My room! I knew where my room was.
“Go but get back as fast as you can. And Jack no exploring now. There’ll be time enough for that later.” With that he walked out the door, me following close behind. He went left and I continued on to my room.
I easily settled on clothes that would have been ridiculous on my old body but just seemed right for the new me. I wanted so badly to get to know my new body but that would have to wait. Now dressed, I stared into the full length mirror in my room. “You’re looking good, Jack.” His familiar cheeky grin showing as my ego kicked in.
I made my way back to the control room. The Doctor was waiting for me.
“You finally made it. Nice choice in clothing.”
“Thanks. I’m not complaining but why have you turned me into Jack and why do you look like David Tennant?”
“I know you’re a fan of that TV show Doctor Who. Good show with very handsome lead actors by the way. I’ve been watching you for a while so I knew you had a preference for the Tennant fellow so I took on his semblance to make you more comfortable. I thought you might enjoy being someone different so I transformed you into Jack. He’s only a character on the show but you liked him so I modeled your appearance after the actor - John Barrowman I think his name is - and your personality traits are from the character.”
Jack’s… my emotions were super strong. I had all I could do to control myself. I was feeling urges I had never experienced before. The longer the Doctor talked the harder I found it to control the stirring in my newly acquired manhood. Then it dawned on me. Jack was omnisexual and had an unrequited love for the Doctor, one I now possessed.
By now my growing discomfort had become obvious to the Doctor. I saw a glint in his eye as he excused himself, leaving me alone. Now what do I do? Hell, who am I fooling? I wanted to find out what my body could do. Quickly going to my room I got out of my clothes and started to stroke myself. I didn’t require much coaxing before I came. What blessed relief I got. I had just dressed when the door opened. Great… the Doctor was going to see…
“Ianto…?” My mouth must have fallen a mile because standing in front of me was Ianto Jones. Memories of Ianto came rushing to the forefront of my mind - the time we had spent together solving cases at Torchwood, our time spent together as lovers, and most sadly the time I had lost him forever. I silently grieved even as I saw him standing there.
He came quickly to my side, pressing his soft warm lips against mine. I automatically reciprocated as I embraced him. My heart was pounding fast as I began to weep with happiness. My Ianto had come back to me… except I only knew him through Jack’s memories. But I was Jack now so those memories and emotions were truly mine. “Stop being foolish,” I told myself, “you have a love unlike any other in the universe so don’t question it.”
“How are you here Ianto? I held you in my arms as you died.”
“Hush, Jack. Don’t question how. Just accept that I am here with you now.” He leaned in to kiss me yet again.
Time seemed to halt as we undressed each other passionately. There was nothing in the world except Ianto and I. Love had never been so sweet and tender as it was during those moments.
Later that night after the Doctor, Ianto, and I had spent time together reminiscing about our adventures we went to bed. Like a doting father carefully tucking his children into bed I could have sworn I heard him whisper “Enjoy your new lives together” as he closed the door. This had been a good day and with Ianto beside me I was a contented man and fell quickly to sleep, dreaming of all that had happened.
I awoke in the morning to find myself in a strange room snuggled against a strange man. Where was Ianto? Was I destined to lose him again after just finding happiness? Had it all been just some dream? I crept out of bed carefully so as not to awaken the person beside me. I looked at myself and sure enough I was still Jack. I spotted a note on a table next to the door addressed to “Jack”. I couldn’t believe what I next read.
Dear Jack,
By now you know you are no longer on the TARDIS. You and Ianto can be together once again, forever this time. Remember Jack you are immortal and now Ianto is as well.
I paused wondering how I could be immortal and where was Ianto? I continued reading.
You are back in your own world albeit differently than before. You are now in the body of John Barrowman and Ianto is your husband Scott Gill. Don’t worry about the real John and Scott. They are fine and living their wildest dreams together. You have access to all of their memories and will have no problem living their lives.
Enjoy your new futures. I may see you from time to time.
Forever Your Friend,
The Doctor
I glanced over at the sleeping figure in the bed. My husband! Ianto was now my husband and with me forever. He might not look like Ianto but that didn’t matter. We were together. I got back into bed and as I did Ianto woke up.
“Where am I?” He was still groggy and I had to smile to myself as he didn’t yet realize he didn’t sound or look like Ianto anymore. Scott was a great looking guy and as long as Ianto was there I was happy. I snuggled next to my new partner.
“Don’t worry love. Go back to sleep. We have all the time in the world.”
Love this one!
ReplyDeleteNice work Bill -- and no bikes ;)
ReplyDelete