Thursday, June 26, 2014

Best friends

So today was the day my best friend finally told me the truth about his sexuality. He hadn't meant too tell me at all but the consequences of his actions meant that he had no choice. There was no more denial or covering up the truth it was all out in the open now.

We had only known each other for around two years but during that time we had created a unique bond. We told each other everything, work, home and life in general, we knew what each other had had for tea and we lived an hours drive apart. Sometimes that hurt as it meant we couldn't spend as much time together as we liked. We were so close we knew how each of us were feeling from the tone of our voices. It felt like we lived together sometimes as we knew everything that was going on. Or so I thought!

What had happened that night? Well we arranged to go out on a night out together as they often did. We were going on the pull as we always used too. I had been a bit distant from him of late as I had been with a girl for the last 6 months. I became besotted with her and left all of my friends behind, focussing on her and her alone. It wasn't like me as I had a large close network of friends and for me to focus on one thing wasn't right and I knew it. All my friends knew it. I just wanted it to work this one time. She was my 40th 'partner' and I wanted her to be special, I wanted her for keeps. Me being with a girl and leaving him behind was so wrong and I felt so bad about it. We had made jokes that we were the perfect couple and people said "if only you two were gay." I was often all he had in his life and I know he deeply missed me when I was on holiday without him. So six months apart (effectively) must of been hard! But that night I didn't feel so bad on him, I knew he could stand on his own two feet with or without me so I left him to it. He finally confirmed what I had always suspected and showed off his true colours. The girls in the clubs were all over him as he danced the night away and he was having the time of his life knowing I was only across the room watching over him protecting him. He was the gayest straight bloke I had ever met.

Then with lipstick all over his face a boy approached and it happened so quick. My mate, my best mate kissed him without hesitation. I walked over to him and hugged him I was so proud of him finally letting go. The guy had a female companion with him and not wanting me to feel left out; started to caress me. We all headed home for some fun.

The next day we had many texts laughing and joking and he confirmed he as gay. My only question was why the hell he never told me. His response was 'I'm not good looking enough to be gay, but you are!' The texts stopped and I rang him straight away.

He was being silly and I told him that, he told me more of his history and all of it including the fact he came out of the closet only made our relationship stronger. He might be gay but I wasn't.

We were in a conundrum. He had a straight guys body and a gay mans mind. And what he said was right, I had the body of a gay man but my mind was straight. Time to come clean to him about my secret and make us both happy...

My secret was that I could switch bodies with anyone I wanted temporally or per mentally with or without their knowledge. I had on,y done it once since I had known my best friend and that was without his knowledge when I became him for a day.

I told him exactly what would happen and he agreed to it. He could be gay in a gay looking body I could be straight in his.

The swap was simple. My consciousness was held in a talisman around the neck of whichever body I inhabited. It was gold in colour but it was getting tatty. I was never allowed to take it off unless I was swapping with someone.

He took the talisman from around my neck and placed it around his. I took over his body instantly and sent his consciousness away. It found the only place it could go, my previous body.

Life was so much better and easier now and everything between us two made sense.

2 comments :

  1. Nice. Good job man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one question, which one is supposed to be which?

    ReplyDelete