Friday, January 18, 2013

Announcing my Retirement

 

I must have been about 500 years old now. At almost 84 years old in my current body I had begun to long for the day my life finally ended. I had enjoyed so many youthful years and I had never been this old before. The last time I switched bodies was over 50 years ago and at that point I had decided this body would be my last ever.

That was until I met Terrance, he was a 19 year old semiprofessional basketball player and also had a part time job in a shop. Terrance appeared to have everything going for him, plenty of money behind him, a gorgeous house, beautiful girlfriend and an amazing support structure of family and friends around him.

1st

However, around three months ago he went through a spell of trouble when he got arrested for something which was not his fault – he was set up by his colleagues in the shop and ended up shop lifting. His friends did not want to know him any more and he was extremely upset, he was set to loose everything. All he had was his house, girlfriend and his basketball career.

2nd

The last three months he ended up letting him self go, spending the money he had behind him and neglecting his training for the basketball. He was sacked from the team. He and I had become really close friends during this time and I had began to fall in love with him. I had seen every inch of his amazing body. He didn’t care what he told me or what he let me see. I was his rock, his shoulder to cry on. I loved seeing him and he seemed to love posing for me. We did everything together. He lost touch with his girlfriend because he was spending so much time with me.

dep

The last few weeks I noticed him changing. He was going into a shell so to speak. Not taking the time to care about anything, he rarely showered or ate. All he seemed to do was drink. I received a text message that simply said “goodbye” and I drove straight to his house.

dep2

What I was about to do I had considered for a while now and thinking about him during the short drive to his house made me realize that it could have been too late. I drove faster and faster, Adrenaline was pumping through my weary old veins, something that they were no longer used too.

I barged into his house. The adrenaline gave me the strength to knock the door down. All I saw was him naked, asleep, or at least I hoped he was asleep, with a bottle of vodka, half empty and a bottle of pills. Oh god, I cant be too late, I have to make this right, it has to work, his whole life ahead of him. He just needs a little direction to get back on track. I picked him up and took him to the bathroom. I turned the shower to cold and drenched him. I forced pints of water into his mouth and he gasped.

sleep

I’ve saved him… Thank god, he was still alive. I knew how to look after him now and there was only one way I could guarantee his safety and continue his life. I knew he wouldn’t mind what I was about to do. For in his head, his life was over.

I placed my hand onto his chest and said the magical spell that I had almost forgotten over the years. My entity travelled into his body and forced his out and into my body. He instantly became the old frail man that I once was. I took a deep breath through my new mouth and lungs. It felt good to feel the youth once more. I felt like crap though as the effects of the vodka and pills took effect on my new body. I knew I was going to be safe and stay alive though, the spell wouldn’t allow me to enter a body that didn’t have long left to live. I threw up a few times that afternoon and slept the whole night.

The next morning I woke fresh as a daisy and starving hungry. My former self was lay next to me smiling with a full cooked breakfast coffee and orange juice keeping warm at my bed side, He kissed me on the cheek and said, “thank you.”

I smiled back, and told him “it was ok, it was the least I could do.”

“No I mean it,” he said, “You have given me what I wanted, my life was over and you knew it, now you can enjoy my life and I can live the rest of the time you have left, Thank you so so much.” Another kiss landed on my cheek.

I got Terrance’s life back on track in no time at all, found a new job, got my girlfriend back and I was back on the basketball team.

My former self only lasted a year after that, I was upset, but only because I knew that should have been me, I knew the real Terrance would now be happy and still watching out for me.

final

……………………………….

So it’s been a while since I published but Don’t worry guys, I’m not really retiring – from writing at least… Wish I could retire from work though.. HAHA

4 comments :

  1. Nice story... however I wish the new Terrance had ditched the girlfriend and opted for a boyfriend instead... that would have been much better!

    ReplyDelete