special commission for a very good friend, samgioba
At a bar in “Città Eterna” (Rome, Italy), the twins; Fate and Destiny were having a heated discussion with Serendipity regarding the souls of humans.
Serendipity was arguing that If a soul was good and strong, it would pass judgement regardless of the mortal body that contained it. But if it was weak the mortal body could overwhelm the soul causing a change in the judgement; for good or worse.
The twins were in doubt, arguing that the destiny of a mortal body had already been judged according to the soul it contained at birth.
A number of shots later and they were still arguing.
"For Satan's sake." Hissed the bartender. "All this bitching is giving me a headache. Just swap some guys will you!"
They looked at each other, and another argument started as to who should be the subjects.
A fist hit the table, and the three looked around. It was the bartender again. He threw a shot of Whisky on the bar and painted a circle in it. Faces twisted and contorted in the ripples and settled.
"These two will do." He groaned rolling his eyes.
With a snap of his fingers there was a flash, and a sulphur stench. He winked, "I like a bit of theatre." And the swap was in place.
Both Sam and Renzo were about to cross paths in life's uncertain journey.
Each woke dazed in unfamiliar environments. Sam woke in front of a television, the sounds dull and muffled; the images blurry with muted colours. Although the chair he found himself in was somehow comfortable and reassuring.
The bartender clapped; sparks flew, "It's all very well watching, but we need to find out what's happening below the surface."
The three looked over quizzically.
He tumbled his fingers, and the images changed to words, then garbled native whispers.
The whispers changed, shuffled and organised themselves. "Pfft, thoughts and memories are such hard work." The bartender muttered under his breath.
I just opened my eyes and I catch a weird smell. My mind black out, when I wake up I know all about this guy Renzo.
The bad smell comes from me, it's a week that this guy does not shower. Fuck, this guy was an asshole.
I look at my hands, white fur on them, they are rough, this body passed through lots of things. I stand up, I need a shower, I cannot stand this.
The words were awkward, sometimes disjointed, the three looked up at the bartender. He shrugged, "So my Italian isn't great, bite me!"
A sound of laughs come from outside, I look outside the window, there are five guys playing in the garden of my house, as soon as they see me looking at them the youngest says "look the filthy grandpa woke up", and they run away.
I go to the bathroom and I take a shower. Fuck I have a belly, and I have pain coming from my right knee. I remember now, this body had major injury training for boxing. I was in the body of a boxer champion, an ex retired boxer champion, who had given up his life. What a waste.
Now I am refreshed, but there are no clean clothes around. While I search for something to put on I find only pizza leftovers and dirty underwear. No no no...I have to change all this!
“Pfft, sounds like a looser to me.” The bartender groans, scratching his chin.
Serendipity shoots the bartender a look, and he bites his lip.
"What's the other guy doing?" Fate chipped in.
The bartender tapped and flicked the image in the pool of Whisky; it changed again.
To test the two the bartender had made sure that both were aware of what had happened, although not the reason why. Each knew and understood the others commitments and history, but was not mortally tied to their destinies.
When Renzo woke, he was a little startled. He found himself laying on the grass in the grounds of an Italian university. His senses where a little overwhelmed from within Sam, his eyesight and hearing had gradually been failing him over the years.
“Now let’s turn up the volume and listen to the other guy.” The bartender spins on the spot and with a snap of his fingers, he points at the pool of Whisky where words drift from the images again.
I just opened my eyes and everything feels so different, so vivid.... I am on a grass field and my mind is processing lots of information. Fuck this biceps are nice!
The new Sam glanced over his much younger body, feeling the toned biceps and powerful chest.
I am Sam now a 28 years old fit jock. I could not have been more lucky, I have a new start! And in this fucking handsome body.
I cannot understand why I am not wearing spandex or running tight clothes, the previous owner of this body should have been a shy guy, who didn't want to show off. But the feeling down my legs tells me there is a lot to be shown.
There was a shout from behind. Sam turned to see an equally big guy.
"Hey Sam, you going to be lazy for the rest of the day or come home with me?" The guy waggled his eyebrows with a big grin.
Not knowing what else to do, Sam jumped to his feet and walked over. "Where's the car?"
"Car?" The guy asked with surprise, "Since when did you take the car, we're running back."
Who is this guy? Alessandro. He is cute and he challenges me to be faster than him to run back home, nothing more easy.
Before Sam could say anything, Alessandro was jogging away. With new found strength, Sam gave chase effortlessly.
After 3 miles I have no pain and I have not sweated at all, this body is great. And this smell, I love it, I'm young again, I am strong, I want see myself naked, I have to. We are at home. New memories come back to me, fuck, Alessandro is my boyfriend? But not for much longer! I am a faggot, shit! I am the one in charge of this body now, and I want freedom, I want to do whatever I want!
I go to the bathroom, finally I can see myself in a mirror. Wow, black hair, funny hair, completely smooth body, six-pack, sensitive nipples.... even when I was at top of my shape I was not so well defined, but surely I was bigger. Nothing to complain about anyway.
This face is funny to look at, I look like a guy to rely on, an angel face...with devil inside. And this stupid guy was hiding this physique with an XL t-shirt, I have to change this. Now let me take off pants and underwear. Red boxer briefs, another thing that needs to be changed! But the package inside is far beyond my expectation: uncut and definitely an improvement!
I start showering, thinking about all changes I wanna do to this body and this life to suit me at best, when Alessandro come in naked. “Hey Sammy, let's shower together! Moreover you win the race, so I have to give you your reward!” Reward? He kissed me and then he goes on his knees. Fuck, I can do nothing or I will look weird, moreover I am still hard for exploring my body.
He starts slowly to blow me. Nice mouth, nice rhythm, this guys knows what to do. But I am not gay, not anymore, and I planned another life for Sam. I cum for the first time in this body and I deliver my load into Alessandro's mouth, what a waste. But it was so fucking awesome. I have to get rid of Alessandro and start my new life. As soon as I cum an evil smile is on my new face. Awesome.
Shivers went down Sam's spine again as he thought of having a boyfriend it was something quite alien to him, so that night Sam instigated a huge argument with Alessandro. With a strong arm he punched him in the face and demanded he left. Confused and wounded Alessandro left that very night.
“Sounds perfectly evil and manipulative to me.” Chuckles the bartender. The words change back to images and the four of them watch the lives unfold. Renzo's soul darkened further and Sam's mortal body was suffering.
Destiny chirped, "See I knew this would happen. There is no point in continuing."
"Hold on," interrupted the bartender, "lets fast forward a bit." With that he drew a finger through the pool of whisky and the image changed by 72 hours.
They all peered into the pool Whisky, it appeared after dumping Alessandro Sam changes his image, he gets a tattoo; a heavy tribal one that reaches from his shoulder down to his wrist. Splashes some cash for a new wardrobe of clothes and also empties out the bank account.
He also quits his job at the University and heads to the coast getting a part time job as a deck hand on a tourist sightseeing boat. With new tourists all the time, he starts to sleep around with girls partying until late. From party to party from drinks to drugs his soul darkened further. But Sam's mortal body, with all the good it had achieved was unable to maintain its previous values.
Fate had to agree with Destiny, it wasn't looking good for Sam's mortal body.
The bartender bleated, "This is getting boring." With a flick of the finger he fast forwarded again, this time a month.
As time rushed forward for the two, they saw images of Renzo. With Sam inside the much older body, his decisions were limited. He'd learnt that Renzo was once a great boxer earning many belts and was quite wealthy, but due to a near fatal injury he'd retired and spent most of his life in a state of bitterness at his home alone.
Sam puffed on a fat cigar, the only vice he'd been unable to give up. He was an intelligent man, and felt very disappointed when he discovered how Renzo had wasted his life away in bitterness and self pity. His warm nature, over the days started to change the darkened mortal body that had been tainted by the real Renzo for so many years.
As the weeks passed, Renzo dragged himself out of the mire making contact with community once more. It was a rough neighbourhood with lots of kids and young adults getting into trouble because there was nothing to do. They'd hang out on corners cussing and threatening people that hinted at any possibility of confrontation.
Back in the bar, the bartender rubbed his chin and looked over at Serendipity who was clearly smiling to himself. The bartender stirred the Whisky again, and another couple of weeks passed.
The images calmed and the streets were clear, although shouting could still be heard from a nearby door. Inside the room opened up into a huge hall. It was dirty, and smelt of hard work and devotion - there were grunts, and yells from around the hall. Renzo had gone back to what knew best, from deep inside his mortal body Sam had drawn on the boxers experiences. With his kept wealth he'd purchased the building making it something for the community, inside was a boxing ring, punch bags hanging from the ceiling and kid's of all ages training together.
From the bar Serendipity gave a smug grin when Fate and Destiny looked over; "I knew it was possible, just look at Renzo." They looked over and what once was a dark and hopeless case had been replaced with the glowing attributes that could have been found in Sam's original mortal body.
"You see, out of the two of them Sam has achieved the most. He's pulled back Renzo's ultimate failure restoring him to a worthy candidate."
Serendipity fished his finger around in the Whisky and the image changed to Sam's mortal body; clearly it had been seriously tarnished. The image showed Sam slumped in a doorway; his hair matted and dirty, grime bedded deeply in his skin. A needle on the floor; wisps of white foam escaped his mouth as people walked past him ignoring him completely.
The bartender rubbed his hands, "Looks like one for me." He smiled.
Serendipity looked up into his eyes and shook his head....
Very nice job you two!
ReplyDeleteI just wish that in the end Sam had gotten his body back ;-; Renzo isn't worthy to have it!
Part II sometime in the future, y'alls?
I'll have to agree with the part about Sam getting his body back, Curious.
Deletemeh
ReplyDeleteNice story! Enjoyable change up over the usual stuff.
ReplyDeleteI wish the writers here would lay off on the use of the word "faggot". It's starting to get real damn old. And to be quite honest, it's rather puerile in nature.
ReplyDeleteWords only have power if you give them that power.
DeleteI make sexist jokes sometimes but that doesn't mean I support sexism. A word is a word, and that word just happened to fit in that character's personality.
It's just a story after all, don't read so much into it, it's meant for entertainment.
Thanks,
-Curious
The problem Curious is those words were given power through a history of use to demean, subjugate, oppress, people of a homosexual orientation. You can try to justify it all you want with your use of sexist jokes which is a separate issue not of my concern. I'm sure others would be offended if I started throwing around the "N" word on here, but I'm not because I respect black people and have no desire to make any of them feel oppressed. So I respectfully disagree with you Curious, as I believe you are quite wrong on this matter. So I will reiterate, please refrain from the use of the word "faggot".
DeleteI also believe you have quite a bit to learn curious, you are quite young and naive to the ways of the world.
DeleteIt is most certainly not entertaining to read such words of oppression. You hear said words enough in the real world, why the hell would anyone of sound mind want to read said words in their leisure time? I honestly don't care to read words that are used in the language of hate and bigotry in my leisure time. Maybe you want to think of vile crap in your downtime, but I'm sure myself as well as other don't. Also remember that we are among an epidemic of teen suicides among the homosexual youth due to oppression, bullying, and the use of derogatory words such as the one used in this story. I simply will not stand by while people spread and perpetuate the use of such words that are used in the oppression of the people in my community.
DeleteI have to add, and remind you it was the character that was talking.
DeleteThe Renzo character that inhabited Sam was a very unpleasant individual that pretty well ticked all the boxes you mentioned above.
A word was needed which instantly showed readers Renzo's darker and unpleasant character, which appears to have worked.
If you could suggest an alternative word that gives the same effect I'm open to suggestions.
Actually the word queer would be an improvement, "faggot" has a very violent and sad history behind it that makes my blood boil with anger every time I read or hear it (and rightly so given that words history).
DeleteI guess just from now on, since people are not being really receptive to my thoughts, that I should just stop reading a story as soon as I come across the "f" word, and disregard the story in its entirety as if it never existed and give it an automatic dislike. I don't care to hear or read that word, especially for "entertainment" purposes.
DeleteOr how about I start throwing around spick jokes left and right on here. The point is, that the use of said words and humor adds nothing to the story, other than making the author seem rather ignorant and puerile.
ReplyDeleteAlso, try applying that same logic, Curious to the swastika. I dare you to go out and wear a swastika shirt around and if people say something to you, just say "symbols only have power if you give it to them." Yea except that symbol stands for the oppression and extermination of Jews, homosexuals, gypsy's etc. So you are indeed, quite wrong. Enough said.
ReplyDeleteAt this point I have to remind you this is fiction, its not real.
DeleteAs to your challenge, I'll remind you of films like 'The Great Escape", "Valkyrie" and 'Schindler's List' all of which cover 90% of your points above.
Following your logic all history books, documentaries, films should be removed, swept under the carpet or seriously censored?
You are referencing historical movies, books. Not new stories and fiction which still spread the mindset of the people of the modern day. Those are to serve as reminders of what did happen. You are using said word in a present context and as such are perpetuating their usage. I find it really disgusting that you use the word Curious, even though it is fiction. It is you who is spreading the word. You are using historical accounts to refute my claims, I'm telling him to use it in a modern context, not backward looking. that is quite a different story. You can back off and say it's your character not you saying the words, but you ARE the author. I'm sorry I feel strongly about this, and you will not change my mind. Perhaps if you were homosexual or an oppressed minority instead of a heterosexual Caucasian Anglo-Saxon you would better understand Sean and be more sensitive. We live in a society of heterosexual and white privilege unfortunately. also I find it distasteful how dismissive you are to others feelings on this matter.
Deletesorry (replace Curious with Sean)
DeleteAlso I do have to point out how terribly ironic it is, that a while back a reader complained about the element of cigarette smoking in one of curious' stories, and the story was deleted in in its entirety until curious got enough complaints to put it back up. It is kind of funny in a sad way that complaints of smoking elements (of all things, God forbid), is taken 100 times more seriously than someones dissatisfaction with the use of an extremely derogatory word for homosexuals being used in stories. Where were all the reminders that "this is just fiction and entertainment" back then? Sheesh =P People can be really backwards sometimes. Not that I want any stories removed or anything like that mind you. I just wish there was a little bit more care and concern for the target of said words that are latent with ignorance, fear, and bigotry.
ReplyDeleteThe smoking story was his own choice to take it down. Why are you letting something upset you so much? I am gay and that word does bug me but I don't go crazy telling people to never use it. People will no matter what. If you let the word be said and not react guess what it starts losing its power. The people who use it to degrade us do it to get a reaction. If you don't react they will have to think of something else or move on. So your reacting to it like this is just showing how this word has power.
DeleteI guess I am in the minority here. I have been called that word, while simultaneously being physically threatened, chased, attacked, and had beer bottles thrown at me. So don't tell me it's me giving that word power, that word was given power in my life when I was physically attacked. Countless LGBT people have been attacked in the context of the word. People have committed suicide over that word. So, I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't tell me how I should react or feel when that despicable word is used. Thank you.
DeleteAre you all really critizing something that someone wrote for your enjoyment? Honestly the guy was making something for you, the reader's, enjoyment. Thank you curious for this interesting story.
ReplyDeleteSean wrote this one
DeleteAnonymous:
ReplyDeleteI'm Native American/Indian (whichever word better suits your fancy), so I'm sure if I wanted I could wear the swastika how it was supposed to be worn, as a symbol of power and the proper way before it was stolen from my people. And (for lack of a better word) I'm the slang definition of "pansexual". I'm a minority. Find something better to do with your time then attack fictitious stories with your complaints. And as Brody said, it was my own choice to remove that story.
If you want more stories, you need to allow the author's to have artistic freedom, whether it be the use of a stupid word, or something else. I believe in equality for everyone. Did you know that in sociology, generally gender is grouped with sexuality? As such, the woman's thing should be an issue for you. That's a double standard to expect equality only for yourself but for no other groups. So until you learn to be less pig-headed and selfish, do not waste your time complaining.
Until you start paying us to write a certain way, you have no right to attack everyone's writings.
It's just a word, the authors, as well as most of the readers, refuse to give it power. Follow suit.
allow the authors*
DeleteWell my comment was deleted, but I basically said no to you Curious. And women's issues do matter to me. I was arguing about what is posted on HERE, not what you do in your private life. Finally, the last thing I'm going to say to you is it is very poor logic to say that "everyone else feels this way therefore so should you." Goodbye Curious. And btw to whoever deleted my comment, way to go for censoring disagreements. Also why is curious' comment still there when he's name calling reader's pigheaded. Ridiculous. Whatever, I'm done.
ReplyDeleteAs far as I'm aware none of the comments have been deleted, they cannot be edited either.
DeleteThe only time I've deleted comments is on the request of registered user.
I wasn't even addressing you in the first place Curious, but you seem to always want to give your two cents about "until you start paying us", whenever someone critiques or criticizes an author's story. If this is the case, I'm not sure why we even bother with a comments section, if the readers are just going to be berated by Curious for having a differing opinion. Silly.
ReplyDeleteAwww, can't we all just get along and be friends? =) I have an idea! Why don't we all sit in a virtual circle and hold virtual hands and sing Kumbaya? Or, better yet does anyone know any good jokes or have any really hot pictures of guys to help ease the tension? ;)
ReplyDeleteI like that last option hehe ;)
DeleteThe one thing I don't quite get, and which doesn't really follow, is how Renzo in Sam's body gets sexually aroused with an erection looking at Sam'e body in the mirror and yet he "isn't gay"... last I checked men who get erections over other men or who can be sucked off by other men are either gay or bisexual. Renzo is definitely gay or bi and in denial. Straight men simply don't get erections over other men's bodies, just saying. ;)
ReplyDelete