Sunday, December 4, 2016

Seanday Break: No Credit

I'm taking a break for a while, but just to entertain you I'm reposting some of my favourite stories -- I hope you enjoy them as well.

Sean.

---

I tapped Cody on the shoulder. "Can I have a word champ?"

As soon as he saw me, I could tell he knew what I was going to ask. "Yeah, five minutes?" He replied.



"Now!" I growled, "I don't have all day for this."

He apologised to the kid and scrawled a signature on the poster. "Be back in five," he whispered to Jackson sitting next to him. Jackson let out a grunt and waved a hand.

Cody followed me into the locker room, I closed the door and faced him. "You know the rules Grove, two weeks; that's all you get. Your time is up."

The 6'5" player towered over me. "You know I could crush you so easily," there was a threatening tone in his voice.
"I have no doubt you could, but where would that get you?"

He sagged, and I saw the fight in him recede. "Fine!"

When Grove started college he was broke, and that's when he started working for us. Body loans, he signed his body over for a period of four years, and we guaranteed results and finance him through college. In the meantime, wealthy individuals hop in for two weeks at a time, and this guys time is up!

Grove leaned against the wall and let out a low groan, slowly another form started to pull out of his back, a lean form with black hair. He turned, and I could see it was a teenager still fully clothed, I checked my paperwork. "Richard O'Conner?"



He sniffed rubbing his nose. "Yeah."

I checked my paperwork again. "Richard O'Conner, aged 47?" He didn't reply, I guessed he'd skimmed a credit card and had been riding Grove for the past two weeks.

He looked at me, and I reached in my pocket. He made a run for it, but I caught him with a taser as he passed. "Dumb kid," I muttered.

I turned to look at Grove. "He's not O'Conner?" He asked.

"No, he skimmed the real O'Conner's card I expect."

"I thought it was weird, but he had all the paperwork. What are you going to do with him?"

"He'll have to work off his two weeks plus interest," I replied in an even tone. I pulled him to his feet and pushed him against the wall. "No time like the present I guess," I chuckled and started to push into his body. He let out a little whimper, the first time was always the worst and what didn't help was the fact that I was a lot larger than him. I looked over at myself, nineteen his--my name was Dokka from Chechen. "I think I'm going to be spending some time as Dokka," I said.

"Why's that?"

"Seems this guy isn't the only one. He's a runner, was planning to steal your body this afternoon. He's already got a flight planned, meeting up with ten other as well."

"Fuck!"

"Yeah they set up new identities, illegal immigrants in all American boys such as yourself. Then its green cards for money, using your body."

"Double fuck!"

I scratch at the light stubble on my borrowed chin. "This needs to be nailed at the source," I muttered. "I'm going to have to go undercover, be this kid and find out where they plan to start up this business."

"You want to use me to find them?"

"Yeah, he's already got a flight. He's told your friends that he'll be away seeing family for a couple of days."

"That fucker! OK, I'm game. Rather have you in charge than that little shit."

I took a last look at the kid in the mirror, my new identity for I don't know how long. I patted Grove on the shoulder and pushed into his heavy frame. I turned to the mirror again, and it was Cody Grove that looked back. With Dokka's memories intact I knew as I walked out of the locker room, I'd be leaving on a flight within hours.

9 comments :

  1. Very intriguing start! Please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting concept hope to see more parts to this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dreamer, its one of those stories that just flowed. I had no idea where it was going until it ended; like many un-scripted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to write like that as well but sometimes you hit a bump not knowing where to go next if you write a longer story, That or you lose a bit more interest since you already know whats going to happen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice so far! Can't wait to see where it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, sometimes it works out. Have you written anything for the blog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Opens so many possibilities. Good work as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Josh, appreciated

    ReplyDelete