Sunday, March 18, 2018
Seanday Replay: Self Funded
I looked down and let out a sigh. It had happened again.
I didn't bother to check out the body I'd been dumped in--even casually. It had happened to me so many times it was just boring now. If anything I was more concerned about my old body.
I had no idea who I was now, apart from the obvious. An eighteen, possibly nineteen year old who enjoyed walking around shirtless--kids these days I thought to myself.
Looking around I vaguely recognised the basketball court on the other side of the field. Thankfully I hadn't been dumped too far this time.
I patted my jeans, oh man, skinny leg with a low hang ass. Good job I'm in this kids body, these would look damn stupid on me. I found what I was looking for--his mobile. I tapped in my own number and hit dial.
It rang for a couple of times, and then it answered. "Who is this? What the fucks going on!" I recognised my own voice immediately.
"Calm down son, take a deep breath," I reassured the voice.
"Who the hell do you think you are telling me to calm down!"
"Don't worry, I can fix this. You're outside the bank on twenty-one and first right?"
There was a pause. "Holy fuck, there's got to be a million in here," was all I heard before the mobile cut off. It was the worst possible timing. I'd withdrawn the money I owed and planned to pay it back today finally guaranteeing my freedom.
It was MY money, and I wanted it back.
This swapping shit was random, and to get back in my own body I needed to physically touch him.
There was calling from the distance, but I ignored it. I needed a way to get the money back, and my own life.
"Tony!" There, it was again. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder, I spun on my heels and jerked my shoulder free. "Tony, you OK man?" The jock asked, three others the same age trotted up behind him.
I shrugged not saying a word. I didn't know anything about this new identity apart from my new name being Tony. I'd learnt some tricks from all of these random swaps, and my mind was racing.
From my pocket I pulled some car keys, I looked at them--a BMW. I had no idea what model or where it was parked. But reading the way the others had awkwardly lined up I guessed they took their orders from Tony; he was their alpha, I could use that.
I threw the keys at one of the jocks. "Go get the fucking car," I growled.
He looked at me and then at the others. "Where is it?" He stuttered.
I looked at him sharply, my brow furrowed. My eyes darted from one jock to another waiting. "For fucks sake give them to me Ty," another yelled grabbing the keys. I watched as he jogged off. I knew how guys like this worked, one up man ship trying to anticipate the alpha, keep them happy. I didn't need to know where the car was, now I got guys to look after that.
"Get the fuck moving I've got a job for you's guys." I following the guy who'd run ahead with a confident gait. The others trotted after me as they should.
"So what's going down Tony, what's the plan?" One of the jocks piped up excitedly.
"I got the call, some easy money. Easy picking boys," I muttered. I suspected that the kid in my body was already planning to skip with the money. So he was in a stranger's body but with that amount of cash, but I doubt I would be seeing him anytime again.
The BMW pulled up, and we piled in. Looking out the window, I gave the address. "Twenty-one and first."
It wasn't far, but I'd spotted my old body turn down a side street. "There! That guy," I pointed to my old body. "Pull over, that case he's got the money in there."
The car bumped up the curb, "Get him." They piled out and ran down the side street. I knew that my old body wouldn't be able to outrun the teenagers, so I slowly followed them.
As I got closer I could hear shouting. "Ty, Jay, Chris, it's me Tony. Fuck I know I look different, but it's really me!"
I watched him struggle as Jay and Chris held him against the wall while Ty dutifully brought me the case. I checked its contents, satisfied it was all there I turned my attention to the person inhabiting my body. "You were going to run wasn't you?"
He looked at me confused and then turned to his friends. "That guy isn't me, I'm Tony!" He spat, struggling with Jay and Chris.
I tipped my head and flashed a cocky grin. "Right, I body swapped with you, happens all the time right guys," I snorted, they laughed nervously. I could see in the eyes of my old body he was lost, he knew I'd had tight control over his friends.
He jerked his arms free and sprinted down the street. Jay and Chris started to take chase, but I called them back. "Leave him, we've got what we came for," I yelled.
I watched him as he paused at the end of the street, a mistake. A black van pulled up, and he was pulled inside and then it left with a squeal of tyres. I guess my associates were watching me at the bank.
Slowly I walked back to the car, my boys flanking me. It was a new start, with funding. I think I was going to enjoy being Tony.
Labels:
Body Swap
,
by Sean Mitchell
,
College Life
,
Friends
,
Jocks
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
This was nice but the various grammatical errors were a bit much on the eyes; "You're* on [bank address]" "money's (contraction of money is*) monies = multiple money. Tires*.
ReplyDeleteThanks fixed those, although tyres is correct is you're from the UK.
ReplyDeleteanyone care to tweaked this guy ! thats his mugshot getting arrested for being to drunk
ReplyDeleteGood story!
ReplyDelete