Sunday, March 20, 2016

Seanday Extra: Olympic Burn

Athlete doubling had been a big thing since the last olympics, they'd tried to keep it quiet but the underground newswire was burning with the news. They'd even setup a matching service.

So what was athlete doubling? Simply put, dealing in stolen identities, but just for a few weeks. The sportsmen (and women) in their prime would be jacked and somebody with the right money would be inserted into their body--to experience the Olympics first hand.


Take #37 here, this American was jacked two days ago. grabbed by two thugs while the sixteen year old son of a very wealthy businessman was inserted into his body. Yeah, they weren't fussy or had any morals about age or gender. If you had the cash, they could find the right athlete for you.

It's always fun to watch an insertion. This one was in a dark alley, they'd separated him from the rest of his group and dragged him into the darkness. They goons had him against the wall, and unbuttoned his shirt. Flipping him over, they pinned him to the ground pushing on his shoulders. Another pulled his jacket, shirt and under vest over his head to reveal his back. He placed four discs, one at each shoulder, the other on either hip. He tapped at their surface and they glowed. The athlete started to struggle, and the operator shouted at the goons to hold him still.

Within minutes a dark patch appeared across the unfortunate man's back. "Ok kid, he's ready for you."

From the shadows a portly man, and a kid stepped forward. The kid turned and hugged his dad. "Thanks for the present, he's my favourite and now I can be just like him."

"Just be sensible, once you're inside," the operator explained, "you'll know all he does. Just go win some medals and enjoy yourself."

The kid dropped his clothes and stepped over to the athlete who craned his neck to see the kid. "Please," he stuttered, "don't do it. I beg you." But the kid took no notice as he stepped into the dark void on his back. As his legs disappeared inside, he knelt and pushed his legs into the athletes. "Oh god," the man muttered as kid wriggled further inside moving his arms into place. The athlete, let out a final gargled protest as the kid forced his head up the man's throat and into his head.

The operator removed the four discs, and the darkness faded from the athlete's back.

The goons helped the man to his feet, and the operator flicked a torch beam in the athlete's eyes. "He's good, give him a moment," he said.

The man eyes darted left and right. "I'm him," he spluttered pulling at his clothes and looking touching his body. He pushed the goons away. "Get your hands off me."

I watched as he pulled at his vest and shirt, doing up the buttons again. He rolled his shoulders, and stretched as he pulled at his jacket dusting it off. "This was expensive," he muttered then added with a smile. "My girlfriend bought it for me, and we're having a secret rendezvous tonight."

"Looks like your son has full integration with the host," the operator said to the dad.

The dad placed a hand on the athlete's shoulder. "Now you're twenty-three, act like it. Enjoy yourself boy, and win us some medals." He nodded enthusiastically before hugging him one more time.

One of the goons hung up his phone. "The rest of your group are at the restaurant across the street," he said. The athlete nodded, and left.

It was a tight business, and they didn't care who they dealt with. A few of the athletes that came from poorer countries were reported as going missing during the Olympics. In fact they themselves paid the money and were inserted into natives permanently.

It was late and there was just one more hit to carry out, one for me. You see the military had developed a full proof way to detect doublers, a simple scan of the wrist and it would show. Trouble was the equipment was expensive, and they one had one available and one trained professional--an army soldier. If you couldn't fool the machine, you had to use a different method. I was here to get inside Private Kelcher, the only man authorised to operate the scanner and ignore any readings suggesting the athlete is a host.

We found Private Kelcher making his way back to the Olympic village, still dressed in his uniform. It was evident from his clothes that he was well built and strong. Although the thugs were strong, the operator splashed some chloroform on a cloth.

As he passed, the two goons grabbed him and pulled him backwards. He immediately twisted free, using his skills and training. A few well aimed punches left the goons gasping for air. I admired Kelcher's work, but didn't step into help--that wasn't my field of work.

From behind the operator reached around and held the cloth to Kelcher's face. He was startled, and the goons took the opportunity to hold him while the chloroform did it's work.

They pulled him deeper into the alley and laid him on his back while they removed his jacket and shirt. I admired his torso, thick with muscle, his arm and chest inked with a design.

Rolling him over, I licked my lips when I saw the expanse of his back. The operator placed the discs and turned them on. A few moments later the dark patch appeared. I took off my clothes, and stepped into the void of the soldier's back. Just as the kid before, I kelt down and wriggled into his much larger frame, inserting my arms into his and finally dipping my head below his shoulders and pushing up his throat into his head.

I felt darkness rush over me and then nothing.

My eyes blinked open, and I felt a stinging in my cheeks. The goon went to slap my face again and I caught his hand. "I'm awake!" I growled. I got to my feet and stretched. "Yeah, this is a good fit," I muttered, "he's very strong. Right I've got his memories," I said with a grin. "Everything I need. The device has been secured, I pick it up at nine-thirty."

One of the goons held out my uniform, I snatched the t-shirt and pulled it over my head--then the jacket, sliding it across my wide shoulders before buttoning it up. I pulled at the seams and the collar to straighten it, Kelcher--was proud of his uniform, and now so was I. After telling the operator I'd be in touch I left, and headed back to the village.

I was sharing a room with two other soldiers, I played Kelcher perfectly, they didn't detect any abnormalities with my behaviour.

----

The next morning I was up at 05:30 and out running with the other soldiers. By 07:00 we were showering in the room, I got dressed in my uniform and had breakfast at 08:00.

I collected the device, and out of the sight I scanned myself. Of course the test failed, but they never tested the soldiers, only the athletes.

Throughout the day I performed as Kelcher would, scanning each athlete in turn studying the display each time. Even when the test failed, I showed no surprise on my face, just waved them through.

Late afternoon #37 joined the queue. I could see he looked nervous, pacing back and forth as he approached the front of the queue. "Hold out your arm," I told him. He gingerly offered it and I scanned it. The display showed a failure, I knew this of course because I saw the sixteen year old kid get inside the guy.

I looked at him and winked, "Your good to go." He looked relieved. "Win us some medals," I added. He looked startled for a moment, then smiled before jogging off.

Finishing the last of the teams, my work was completed for the day. After securing the device, I relaxed a little. Payment for being inside Kelcher was good, even though it was just a few weeks. But I wanted more, I decided that I was going to negotiate with the business, take a part payment and keep the soldiers identity. Why not?

No comments :

Post a Comment