Sunday, October 11, 2015

Seanday Starter: Take a chance, pt2


The two friends arrived at the house, and Sam parked up in the drive.

"Where's your dad's car?" Tom asked.

"He's taken my mom away for a romantic weekend, it's their anniversary," Sam answered pulling a face.

"And who's truck is that?" Tom asked pointing at a huge vehicle dominating the drive.

"Belongs to my cousin, David, he's gone into town with his marine buddies. He's staying with us."

"So you got the place to yourself, awesome."

After picking up a few beers, the friends relaxed in the lounge.

"So you can change into anyone?"

"Just about," Tom replied with a grin and shifted into Jonas Rickman, the school's medal winning wrestler.


"Wow, that's amazing," Sam exclaimed. "When did you find out that you could do that?"

"Few weeks ago," Tom replied. In truth, Sam was talking to Tom's father Derek, who'd shape-shifted into his son earlier. Sam had seen him change and though it was Tom.

"You are so lucky! Damn I wish I could do that."

Tom smiled. "Wish I could show you how to do it, would be awesome."

Sam picked up a magazine. "Change into this guy," he said pointing at a picture.


Tom rolled his eyes. "I'm not your plaything," he moaned, "I need a break."

Tom left heading for the bathroom down the hall. While Sam--a little annoyed, returned to looking through his magazines.

In another part of the house, Tom found the room David was staying in. It was tidy and ordered. Hanging up was his marine uniform, with the remainder of his clothes neatly folded. He stopped for a moment, in the distance he heard the sound of a phone running; then it stopped.

Tom showed no remorse for poking around. He found a few pictures of David and his friends and with a wry smile started to pull off his clothes.


Tom's father; Derek still disguised as his son pulled on the marine's uniform. He smirked at his reflection in a mirror; he was swamped in the marine's clothes.

The faux-teenager reverted to his original, much older form. At least the uniform fitted him a lot better new. He paused for a moment, recalling when he was in the service. He smiled and shifted again into David's likeness. Now the uniform fit him like a glove.

With a confident stride he returned  to the lounge. Sam was on the phone, and almost choked when he saw David. "Yeah, I got the address," he muttered to the phone and hung up.

"Came back early, thought I'd keep you company cous," David said trying not to laugh.

"Get out of his clothes Tom," Sam growled. "You'd better put them back just as you found them, he's kinda got an OCD thing."

"How did you know it was me?"

"Because that was him on the phone!"

"Oh." He shifted back to Tom's form, once again swamped in the marine's uniform. "Is he coming back?"

"No, his friends car is broken down. He wants me to drive his truck over there so he can tow the car back."

"Shit, so you have to go?"

"Like now," he griped. "Put his clothes back and let yourself out."

"How the fuck am I meant to get home?"

"Take my car, I'll pick it up tomorrow." He looked Tom up and down. "Can we do this again?"

"Look, I'm still trying to work this out. Promise me that you won't ask me about it, if I'm in the mood I'll talk to you about it OK?"

Sam shrugged. "Ok, whatever." Tom watched Sam leave and returned to David's room. He pulled off the clothes and refolded them placing them where he found them, only pausing to listen to the truck outside leave.

Picking up his clothes he walked around the house and found Sam's bedroom. Inside he stared at the mirror before shifting back into his own form. "Damn," he said to himself, "that was fun. I can't believe the kid thought I was Tom. Have to admit though Sam's a good looking boy."

Derek shifted again, this time into Sam's double. "Oh shit," he said to his reflection with a grin, "I was meant to go see Tom. I think I'll tell him how I, his best friend Sam Mallory can shapeshift."

The new Sam started to go through the laundry basket in the corner of the room. 'It'll be at least a week before he noticed any of his clothes were missing' he told himself.


From the basket he pulled some underwear, skinny jeans, vest and a shirt he'd seen Sam wear a few days earlier. He pulled them on and checked his reflection. From the dresser he picked up some bands and pulled them over his hands. From a many ball caps, he picked one and slipped it on--backwards.

As he left he grabbed the keys to Sam's car. "I guess Tom will be waiting for me. Lets see if I can fool my own son into thinking I'm Sam." Jumping in the car, he headed off home.

MORE...?

No comments :

Post a Comment